A couple of quick things...
-Josh and I watched the first Saturday of college football the other night. AFN (Armed Forces Network) does a pretty decent job of showing the best games on a few channels. The games start around 10pm over here and go all night up to about 8am. Josh brought his "small" TV from home (36 inches) and set it up in his room. Room dimension limitations cause us to sit about 3 ft from the screen so it's quite the experience. Josh takes the lounger ($8 camping chair) while I take the couch (4ft Tuff Box) and we cheer quietly as to not wake his neighbors. On a whole, it was one of the best times I've had over here and makes me happy for the distraction of football. Before long I'll turn around and it'll be February. And I'll still have another 9 months. Ugh.
We have a weekly football bet that started back on our first tour when we were roommates. We take the best college games and all the pro games and take turns picking the straight up winners. If he takes a team, I automatically get their opponent. That way, we're rooting against each other on every game. Makes things a little more interesting. As far as the terms of the bet, there's no eloquent way to say this, so oh well: the loser has to take the winner's piss bottles out for the week. Yes, about 90% of the dudes over here don't get fully dressed and walk 100 yards to the nearest bathroom every time they have to go #1. Water bottles are used not only for replenishment, but also for relief. And that's about all I'll say about the matter, seeing as my grandma reads these posts.
-The TV show The Office has recently emerged as one of my favorites of all time. Having plowed through the first three seasons over the past week, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to start watching it again from the beginning. It's that good. You know a show is great when you start imagining the characters in your life. Like back in high school, when I tried to figure out which one of my friends were George, Kramer or Elaine. Or back on the last deployment when I was pretty sure I was an amalgamation of the three best character traits of Seth, Ryan and Sandy from The O.C. (Haley promptly laughed at me with pity when I told her about that one). Anyway, since watching The Office, I've been trying to decide who at work fits the different characters. It's tough, since I have to translate it into Army life, but incompetent and irritating people are omnipresent. If you choose to watch it, give it till at least halfway through the 2nd season. You may think it's ridiculous. Or it might just change your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now I know why grass and flowers don't grow around your trailer. In Mn. they say "don't eat the yellow snow" Stay safe and stay cool. Love you, Grandma Marianne
Post a Comment